Monday, October 1, 2012

Words

I thought I'd share some poems I wrote for a poetry in my English Lit. class :) This was by far the most enjoyable assignment!


Poem Project

CINQUAIN

Ocean
Weightless, joyful
Splashing, twisting, floating
Cold waves embrace me
Water


DIAMANTE

Love
Passionate, rapturous
Kissing, entwining, beaming
Exchanging breath and heat
Leaving, screaming, crying
Cruel, empty
Hate


WINGSPARK

I dreamed
I was a weeping willow
By a clear stream
Shielding entwined lovers
Gingerly


LETTER POEM

Moments forever shared
Arguments float aimlessly
Remember to hold fast
Reflecting on joyful experiences
It’s almost too hard to stay put
Everything matters
Dancing close


CLERIHEW

Bettie Page
A bewitching beauty who was once all the rage
She’d toss her glossy, raven hair
And fix the gentlemen with an evocative stare.


HAIKU

Looming, empty bed
Loneliness and pain entwine
The ache will subside


TANKA

Sorrowful love songs
Haunting melodies quiver
Speaking to my heart
My soul swells with memories
The voice croons only for me

No comments: