Friday, May 3, 2013

One good thing about music...

...when it hits you, you feel no pain.
I'm not sure how true that is. Music has the ability to plunge me into such sorrow, mimicking a fist to the gut or transcend me to the highest pinnacle of joy. It all depends on the song.

I've been listening to some Chelsea Wolfe this past week. I only have one album that a friend sent me a bit ago. I have just gotten around to giving it a whirl. Wow! All the songs are incredibly beautiful and haunting. I definitely want to get my hands on more of her stuff. My favorite songs are "Mer" and "Tracks(Tall Bodies)"

Mer

Hollow courtship, run-on, pointless
Faint dreams creeping, endless
Timeless, wasted fucking jaded
Destroy-demand, ending, craving, seething, teething, war. War.
Hands waving
Hands bleeding

How can you live with yourself?

Cities, countries, children hunting
Worn, wearing down, down
Hear, speak, breathe, eat, crave, pour, drink, need
Wake never fully ever
Shiver, shake
La mer haunted sexuality, curves, angles - charcoal to paper
Memory, history
Capsize-explain, express, stomach, take it out out out out out out out

How can you live with yourself??



Tracks
It's a machine we're up against
Devoid of reason, devoid of sense

It's a system full of regret
We wear it on our shoulders
Because someday we'll win
We could be two straight lines in a crooked world
We could be two straight lines in a crooked world
They've created

No comments: